Founded in 1969, Design Workshop is an international design studio spanning the fields of landscape architecture, urban design, planning, economics and engagement. The firm has been recognized with over 360 prestigious awards for its work in designing new communities, urban centers, resorts, public parks and gardens.
A community of designers, architects and planners, we share a deep commitment to design excellence and creating legacy projects for our clients, society and the well-being of our planet. The firm's philosophy challenges the project team to equally integrate and balance the artistic vision, environmental sensitivity, community values and sound economics to create unique places that stand the test of time. It refers to this approach as DW Legacy Design®.
We are growing in dynamic ways and are deeply committed to our finding the best talent. We are seeking a Marketing Manager, based in the Denver office.
The Marketing Manager plays a key role in assuring that all communications meet the highest quality and branding standards. This individual will manage the Marketing Team’s proposal efforts and workflow, ensuring that the team achieves both short and long-term revenue objectives across all offices.
This individual is a highly motivated, self-starter with an extensive background in proposal production, lead workflow and managing systems and processes. This candidate should possess a solid understanding of developing a marketing strategy, key messaging and story development across all communications. Responsibilities include 1) provide ongoing training and support for marketing coordinators, firm-wide 2) being a quality management champion, assuring that all materials consistently meet quality branding standards 3) develop and maintain best practices for the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database updates in Deltek and 4) assist Director with ongoing Marketing and Business Development initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications
• 7+ years of experience with similar responsibilities, leading and developing teams
• A solid understanding of lead generation and the sales cycle, preferred
• Critical thinker with high attention to detail and organization
• Proficient with Excel, Word, InDesign, Photoshop and PowerPoint
• Experience with Deltek CRM or similar customer relationship management software
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including editing and proofing
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate and present ideas in an organized, efficient and effective manner that results in clear understanding and action
• Graphic layout skills **
• Possess a general understanding of public relations, social media
• Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and a willingness to go the extra step in obtaining professional certifications, preferred
Additional information can be found on our website at www.designworkshop.com. To limit the use of precious resources, please post your resume and cover letter through our on-line Employment Application. Select “Marketing” as the position for which you are applying.
• Ongoing training of marketing coordinators on production workflow, quality management and brand consistency
• Ongoing team coaching team in strategic marketing, story development and assuming responsibility for its management and implementation.
• Oversees and supports marketing coordinators with qualifications/proposal production as needed
• Provides ongoing training on lead qualification and assists with procuring short and long-term leads
• Ongoing CRM training and management
• Manages and updates firmwide tracking of presentation materials, project lists and qualifications packages
• Manages filing and storage of marketing related materials.
• Assists staff photographer with image management for open asset and helps maintains tracking system for images including permission forms.
• Manages client references
• Assists Director with BD and Marketing efforts of our offices and global initiatives as needed.
CRM and Data Management - Deltek Systems
• Develop and implement efficiencies within the CRM workflow process across offices
• Train Marketing Team on CRM workflow from Business Development activities through the sales cycle
• Assist Director in report generation to better monitor firmwide revenue generation
• Monitor the ‘opportunities’ tracking system for all offices and work with team to ensure that information is updated accurately and consistently
• Maintain systems to regularly update the appropriate staff on the status of leads, potential projects, and other marketing information as needed.
• Assists coordinators with developing required reports
• Responsible for the QM review of all marketing materials to ensure high quality and all requirements are being met
• Quarterly analysis of online lead services to ensure quality leads are procured
• Coordinates compilation of DW website updates, as needed
• Assists in the production of marketing, promotional, collateral, graphics, interview, presentation and image materials as needed.
• Assists Marketing Director in monitoring and implementing consistent branding guidelines across the firm
• As necessary, update and maintain quality templates for proposals, qualifications, cutsheets, resumes and presentations.
PR / Social Media
• Manages awards submission list and calendar; supports marketing coordinators and staff with award competition entries as needed
• Manages the marketing page on the portal with support from the marketing team
• Assists Marketing Director with special events as needed